Shrimp Prosciutto Recipe
25 to 30 shrimp, bakeable
1 pack of Sargento thin sliced Provolone or Mozerella cheese
1/2lb of thin sliced Proscuitto Ham
Bertolli Olive Oil
Bread crumbs (herbal stuffing substitute can work as well)
1 Baking tray, tin oil or otherwise
- Begin by pouring your olive oil into your tray. This does not require the entire tray to be filled with oil, only the area in which you shall put your shrimp.
- Peel shrimp shell and tail off of the body. If your shrimp are frozen, don’t forget to defrost them first in warm water.
- After all shrimp peeled, cut your prosciutto ham into strips so that you may use these to wrap your shrimp in. Depending upon how you like to cook, you can cut the prosciutto before peeling the shrimp or vice versa.
- Once both shrimp and prosciutto are cut and peeled, coil shrimp in prosciutto ham and gently place each shrimp in your tray of olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- After all shrimp are used, sprinkle minced garlic over top of the shrimp. Also, take some of your bread crumbs and shave them through your hands over top of the shrimp. *You may put another layer of olive oil on top
- Place your Sargento cheese over your shrimp and make sure all shrimp are covered. Also, paint a final layer of olive oil on top of this cheese and shave a little more bread crumbs on to the top of the surface.
- Place shrimp inside your oven for 5 to 10mins or until the cheese appears baked onto the shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!